Monday, March 14, 2011

Teething Part Two - Natural remedies for teething

Hello again, I hope you enjoyed yesterdays blog about Amelie's favourite teething toy. I wish I had not bothered with all the other teething toys we tried before we found Sophie la Giraffe but we will now for our next children that she is all we need, well all we need along with a few natural teething remedies. I will share with you today some things that worked for us. Please remember I am a mother not a doctor this is just what worked for us....
Natural Teething remedies that worked for Amelie…
-      Nelsons Teetha of course is a great option. 100% natural chamomile powder. The tiny powder sachets relax and sooth your teething baby. We have teetha stashed all over the house and car. visit http://www.nelsonsnaturalworld.com/ for more information.



-      Cold chunks of cucumber work a treat. Amelie loved from a very young age to suck and chew on chunks of cucumber when she was teething, it has a lovely flavour and the cold sooths the gums just remove the skin and make sure you always watch your baby to ensure they do not choke.


-      Any cold fruit or vegetables will sooth the teething pain. If you are worried about the chocking risk there is a great little device you can get a mesh net holds the food. I used one for a short while though I found that it encouraged Amelie to suck more than chew so I went back to just watching her like a hawk when chewing bits of cold fruit. (Just another thing I purchased that I did not really need for Ameile.)

-      A frozen wash cloth is an excellent remedy for teething. Simply dampen a clean face washer and freeze it. The texture and the clod will sooth even the sorest gums. (Instead of using water to dampen the cloth before freezing why not use chamomile tea…)


If you liked this blog you may also like 'Teething Part One'

Disclaimer: The information above is not intended as medical advice and is opinion for information only. Always seek advice from a qualified health care professional if you have any questions regarding a medical condition. Do not under any circumstance disregard professional advice or delay in seeking professional advice because of content found on this site.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Another remedy that is well known in Australia is an Amber Teething Necklace. I found out about them when my little girl was nearly one and it made her teething symptoms disappear. It worked well for my second girl too and I was recommending them so much that eventually www.teethingsos.com was born. I am slowly introducing amber to the babies of Ireland and have many happy customers. Lots of information about how it works on my website. Pop by and have a look.

    Love this blog. Thanks for sharing.
    Ailish
    aka The Amber Lady

    ReplyDelete