Friday, March 18, 2011

Kudos to an inspirational Earth Mother!

I try to live an eco-conscious life but really I am no saint when it comes to the environment and I have to be honest and say there are a load of products in my home that I either don’t need or could replace with a simpler more eco-friendly option (It is a constant challenge) I try not to lose any sleep over this but focus my energy on doing anything I can, when I can, no matter how small to help reduce the environmental impact I have on this world.  
It really does excite me when I find something simple that is not only within my budget but easily obtained that can substitute for a less eco-friendly option.   What is even better is when it is a local Irish Mum who has managed to make this happen and is trying to make the world a better place in her own way. I was so impressed with the Earth Mother stall at the Peas and Pods Market I had to make a few purchases, and after visiting their web-site I knew I had to share it with all of you.

At the markets I bought five packets of the Earth Friendly Biodegradable Nappy Sacks. Living in an apartment I can’t just pop outside to the bins to dispose of Amelie’s nappies (I would have to go down in the lift through five different doors and in to the basement) which is not always a problem especially with wet nappies but sometime they are just too smelly not to wrap up. Now I do not have to feel guilty about wrapping those really nasty nappies. They are 100% biodegradable and will totally degrade with no harmful residues. At only €2.25 for a pack of 50 you can't go wrong, they are pretty large too I can fit two or three dirty nappies per bag. What a great product!


The website has an endless list of products many of which we have mentioned on this blog in the past (ecovoer and teetha to name a few.)  What is more is it comes with a guarantee that if you find the product cheaper somewhere else they will match the price. You cannot go wrong!

A big kudos to Siobhan and Chris Elsom for an amazing web-site bringing families amazing products and generally just making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside that there are some people out there who are really doing their bit to help the world! visit their site http://www.earthmother.ie/



No comments:

Post a Comment