Friday, March 4, 2011

Change is as good as a Holiday

This weekend while I will not be jestsetting away with Tara and Dylan I am looking for a bit of fun in Dublin that will distract me from the fact that we are not going too. As the saying goes, a change is as good as a holiday so I am going to change my Sunday routine and discover something new!
Each Sunday Amelie and I walk down to the Coco Markets in Dun Laoghaire but this weekend we will be heading into town to Peas and Pods an indoor market hidden away just off Cork Street in New Market Square.



According to the web-site this is a family friendly, indoor market with over 30 stalls selling hand made clothing, wooden and fabric toys and tasty food. The web-site totally convinced me to go, check it out for yourself....  

Plus there are loads of fun activities for children including 'Nimah at Peas + Pods stall' with artist Niamh Sharkey doodling and selling some of her painting, 'Mini Jam' sessions to encourage toddlers to dance and a 'sling meet' to be held by Baby Wearing Ireland at 1pm. I can not wait to load Amelie into the hug a bub and get in and meet some other mothers who love to carry their babies too. I took Amelie to do the groceries in the sling today and she is nearly getting to big for it so maybe I will get some tips on carrying slightly older babies in slings... fingers crossed.



There will also be some fundraising going on for Bernardo's, and we all know how much we love the Toy Library, so not only should it be a fun day out but we can support a charity we love! 

Hope to see you there,

Love The Yummy Mummies and the Jetsetting Babies

xxx

1 comment:

  1. We wish you were coming with us. But we are tres jealous that we wont be coming to this new market with you. Cant wait to check it out when we are back. xox

    ReplyDelete