Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Eco-Tip #5 - The Creative Reuse

Hi Everyone, I haven't posted an eco-tip in a while but I was inspired as a friend shared a great re-use idea with me over coffee this week so here we go re-using ideas for your home...


Everyone by now has heard the words reduce, reuse and recycle and tried to incorporate the idea into different aspects of their life, I would like to share just a few of my 're-use' ideas with you... I hope you will share some with me too as I am always loving new and creative ways to reuse!





Egg Cartons - Tara and I both take our empty cartons down to the Coco Farmers Markets in Dun Laoghaire to be reused by local farmers, find your local markets I am sure there are farmers that would make great use of your egg cartons for you!

Tissue boxes - If a box is emptied I keep it and have so many in my house being used to create dividers in drawers and cupboards or to store things that don't really have a home...


Glass Bottles and Jars - Can be used for so many different things I have swing top bottles I use for water in the fridge, old cola bottles I use in the kitchen for olive oils and vinegars, filled with pine cones or shells they can make a lovely ornament, large jars a perfect for storing rice or pasta, small jars can be used for storing buttons or screws


Chipped crockery - Old Mugs and bowls can be used to store things like pens or hair clips. You could also use them for small plants on your window sills or outside, chipped plates can be used under pot plants too.


Old clothing - Not fit to be donated can be used as dusting or cleaning rags


Yogurt tubs - This one is a new idea given to me by a friend Katie I can't wait to try it... re-use empty yogurt containers to freeze fruit juices for your toddlers, they are the perfect mini popcicle size

If you would like to read more visit our Eco Love page,

Angi xxx

1 comment:

  1. That is why a good idea is you need to connected examine prior to producing. You can actually distribute greater distribute this way. nespresso compatible coffee pods

    ReplyDelete