Saturday, March 19, 2011

Review # 9 Stars'N'bars Monaco

The riverera has always been one of my favorite haunts since I was a little girl. We used to holliday there as a family. In my adult years I have spent every summer there cruising the riviera. So when the opportunity presented its self for us to bring Dylan down there I jumped at the chance.
However it is well known that in France dogs are more exceptable than children.
So I made it my mission to find family friendly places along the cote d'azur.

On the plane over I was talking to a lovely woman who lived in Monaco, we arranged to meet up in the ultra chic Monaco, how on earth would I find a baby/ family friendly in the ultra chic Monaco? But my new friend assured me she knew just the place to go..

Stars'N'Bars

6 Qual Antoine 1er
98000 Monaco

Tel: +37797979595
info@starsnbars.com

Stepping off the train in Monaco, is like stepping on  to a film set. Everything is pristine clean, and shimmering. What else do you expect from Princess Grace Kelly's former home.
However I don't think the person who designed the train station had mummies with buggies in mind. There was not a lift in sight. Long escalators everywhere. As Monaco is built on a hill you pretty much have to walk underground to get anywhere, which means more escalators. Anyway after 20 mins of trying to find my exit I found Stars'N'Bars.
Its along the water front and looks very american. Along the walls are pictures of all the famous people who had visited the place. We were seated up stairs and straight away our buggy was taken away, and a high chair was bought to our table. The menu was actually very reasonable for Monaco, where it is not unusual to pay 6 euro for a cup of coffee. The waiters were so lovely and understanding, every time Dylan threw a piece of bread on the floor they came and cleaned it up. Every time.
They bought a drawing book and crayons for Dylan to play with and the best thing of all is they had a play room. A big giant padded room with toys a television playing a french cartoon. (Perfect for teaching Dylan French)
The food was very american, they were burgers, hot dogs, pastas, fries, milk shakes ect.
They had a special kiddie menu with mini portions of hot dogs, chicken nuggets, french fries, rice with chicken and ice cream and a drink all for 8 euro.
It was all rather tasty too.
You need to book as they get booked up very quickly.
If you find your self in Monaco with your kiddies and you need a large margarita and you need the kids to be entertained for a few hours this is defiantly the place to go. Big Thumbs up from me.

To check out more you can go to there website HERE

Baby Changing- Y
High Chairs- Y (4)
Kids Menu- Y
Children's Activities- Y

Love The Yummy Mummies and The Jetsetting Babies
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment