Sunday, March 27, 2011

Pinky Prints

I know fathers day is in June, but its good to get prepared early right?
When Dylan was born I wanted to get something for Andrew that he could keep forever. The Mummies usually get a little present, so I thought that the Daddy should get something too. I wasn't sure what to get him though, that would be meaningful. He doesn't wear earrings, or rings, or necklaces so what could I get him that would be meaningful and represent his child's birth? A friend of mine suggested cufflinks, great idea, but they are not very personal are they? Then she told me about a friend of hers who had a necklace made for her with her babies finger prints on them, and said she was sure they could do that on cufflinks.

So I found this amazing place in Ireland that does this. Pinky Prints is an Irish company that could put your babies/ child's finger print on to a piece of jewelry. They can provide you with lovely Irish Sterling Silver pieces or you can bring your own piece of jewelry in to them. I got some made up just after Dylan was born. It was a bit of a struggle to keep a 3 week old babies hand still and to keep his little finger straight while I put it in to the mold that had been sent to me, also to get it right first time, as there really isnt room for error. It took 3 people to help me do this. It took 3 weeks to get them made up and sent out to me, but it was well worth the wait. When I gave them to Andrew he had tears in his eyes. He wears them nearly every day to work and has  had many comments on them. They make a great present for Grandfathers, Fathers, Mothers, or even you.

Lots of love
The Yummy Mummies and the Jetsetting Babies
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment