Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Dun Laoghaire Christmas Festival


Walking down to the People’s Park last weekend, I noticed a bit of construction and I was reminded that I need to do this blog. I was so upset to hear that the Christmas Markets in The Dublin Docklands was cancelled this year but that disappointment was quickly replaced when I realised that Dun Laoghaire was going to be transformed into a winter wonderland full of fun and excitement this Christmas.


Kicking off on the10th December Santa will arrive by Harley Davidson’s and the first ever Dun Laoghaire Christmas Festival will begin with a fire works display. The construction I referred to is that of an Ice Rink, yes that is right our very own Ice Rink! There will be German styled Christmas markets, Children’s Entertainers, Santa’s Grotto, a Christmas Train, and even a live nativity.

I am really excited that the Christmas fun is coming to me this year and I will not have to venture far from home to experience some Christmas magic. I have been thinking about how lucky I am to live in such a great little community and I am going to do my best to keep my Christmas shopping local and support local businesses, many of which have closed down or seem to be struggling. I really do love Dun Laoghaire and I am so impressed that the council are providing such a great event for us this festive season.

For more information pop over to http://www.dlrevents.ie/

I hope to see you there, gammy Christmas jumpers and all.


 
Happy Festive Season Everyone

xxx

P.S.  I recently did a 'Mama Loves' post on this years Christmas decorating... enjoy x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment