Monday, April 4, 2011

Plane food for babies?

Hello Everyone,
I hope you all had a lovely Mothers Day, I was so upset that we missed Peas and Pods market yesterday, but Angie and Amelie had a lovely day, I will defiantly be there next month. Dylan and I have been in London for the week visiting my family that live there.
You think I would be used to traveling by now with Dylan I do so much of it these days. However the last time I travelled (France) I forgot to bring food with me for Dylan. I thought that now he was 1 and he is eating almost anything that I wouldn't find it hard to pick up something healthy and yummy in the airport for him. Not as easy as I had hoped. There was fruit yes which is great for a snack but not to fill up little rumbling tummies. Everything I saw was either loaded with salt or sugar! So this time I went well prepared. Traveling alone with a baby you need to be armed with many things to keep them entertained. Food is a great entertainer, its the only one time I like him to take his time and play with his food.
One great plane food that wont get you and your baby covered head to toe in food, is pasta.
Annabel Karmel does a great cheesy stars pasta that is great cold. You make it up the day before you leave pop it in to a plastic container, take out of the fridge before you go and volia healthy plane food for babies. Hopefully after their tummies are full they may sleep the rest of the plane journey for you ;-)


Here is the recipe

Lots of love
The Yummy Mummies and The Jetsetting Babies
xoxo


Ingredients

125g (4 oz) carrots
30g (1 oz) butter)
3 medium tomatoes (approx 200g), ripe tomatoes, skinned, de-seeded and chopped
50g grated Cheddar cheese
2 tbsp Annabel Karmel pasta stars cooked until soft (available in Boots)

 

Method:

Steam the carrots for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Warm the butter in a separate pan, add the chopped tomatoes and sauté until mushy. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until melted.
Meanwhile cook the pasta stars in boiling water according to the instructions on the packet, then drain.
Mash or puree the cooked carrots in an electric hand blender, together with 3 tablespoons of the liquid from the bottom of the steamer and blend together the tomato and cheese mixture. Finally stir in the cooked pasta stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment