Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Oh the sunshine....

Oh the sunshine, it is really here and today was just stunning so I thought that I would write a quick blog on getting prepared for a truly cheery spring and summer with your little ones, these tips might also come in handy if you are jetsetting away to a really warm destination too.

Water, it is extra important to keep hydrated in the warmer weather so always bring plenty of water for your baby or toddler to quench their thirst. I take a water bottle for myself wherever I go too (to brag a little I have had the same drink bottle for six years, imagine how many disposable bottles this pretty pink drink bottle has saved in its life time.)


Natural chemical free sunscreen is a must pop it in your bag and leave it there, apply and reapply if you are not sure you have put enough on,
A collection of gorgeous sun hats that not only protect your baby but make them look even more adorable than usual, if that is at all possible


 
Summer clothing and of course a swimsuit… I pan on lots of splashing around in the ocean with Amelie this summer! I like the swim suits with the built in nappy you don’t have to worry with all the waste of the disposable ones, I was given a bag of them when Amelie was born and I used so few that she grew out of them before the packet was half empty.



Sun visors for the car that block out the harmful UV rays, make sure you get one that covers the whole window, on a recent road trip it was a little hard to enjoy the scenery with all the stop staring to make sure Amelie was protected from the sun.

Sun shelter for your buggy in the form of an umbrella or cover, I have used a muslin in the past when I have had nothing else but it is always a pain trying to secure it especially with the wind we get here in Ireland. On Mothers day I was at the Peas and Pods Market where I met Susan from Piquant Baby she introduced me to really funky alternative to using muslin or blanket to keep out the sun from your buggy. The “Baby Peace” designs on these buggy covers are right on trend for this summer and they are available in a range of colours too. They are made from 100% organic cotton, the plastic rings are 100& recyclable too, can be fitted to most buggies and here is the best part the fabric blocks out an impressive 99% of UV radiation!


 
Pop over to their web-site and I challenge you to resist a shopping spree…

Enjoy the sunshine

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment