Sunday, April 10, 2011

Overnight with Trunki - Packing Tips for Mothers

 

Here are my top five tips for packing for an overnight stay…

·         Pack a day earlier than you need to so you can go back over everything the day before you leave and either add what you have forgotten or take out what you won’t need

·         Make you have a great small bag or case for your baby and pack as little as possible, think less is more, if you even for a moment think you won’t need it don’t pack it!

·         Pack the sheets straight from your child's cot as the smell will remind them of home and they will sleep better in an unfamiliar place

·         Don't pack a zillion toys, just one or two favourites, you can get creative while you are away or if you are visiting other people with children they will have toys too. Pots and pans and other household items make for fun for your baby. Things in nature make great toys too; shells, pine cones or pebbles will keep children amused far longer than any of their toys from home.

·         If you have a baby monitor that is easily transported bring it along. We have a Motorola video monitor which has built in lullabies it is small to pack and made it so easy to keep Amelie's bed time routine the same as at home.

I recently went on an overnight trip to Tipperary to spend St. Patricks Day with some family. At first I was dreading packing for Amelie because it seemed like so much trouble for just two days but I remembered I managed to pack for her to go to Australia for a month and just got on with it. Turns out I had nothing to worry about, for a change I think I was spot on with my packing. By keeping the packing simple and stress free I enjoyed every moment of my few days away. I can’t wait to do it again really soon. Here is what I packed for the trip

·         Travel Cot
·         Baby monitor
·         Bugaboo
·         Trunki
·         Food for 2 days
·         Overnight bag for myself

Amelie’s Trunki was a gift from a friend for her christening, and this was the first time we used it. It was perfect for an overnight trip. It fit everything I needed for Amelie for the trip and while Amelie was too small still to ride it she knew that it was her case and had fun pulling it around the place. Here is what I packed inside the Trunki...


·         The sheet from her cot
·         Sleeping suit
·         Two changes of clothes
·         Nappies for two days
·         Favourite toy
·         2 favourite books


 


Hope you enjoy my tips for overnight travel, remember less is more!

Have a great week,
xxx

For more travel tips from the Jetsetting Babies pop over to our Travel Page

No comments:

Post a Comment