Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Recipe time!

Hello Everyone,

Angi here, remember our competition to win:


Entries close today and I will draw the winner at 8pm and announce the winners on the blog, so hurry with your entries. Just like our Facebook page and tell us your favourite food, simple. We have 6 pairs of VIP tickets to get away. We will have other great competitions to come soon so watch this spacea dn keep reading.


I have not written a blog in a long time, I have been slugging away at an assignment on the social and emotional development of pre-school children. It was the hardest assignment I have had yet in college but definitely the most interesting. I am thinking of doing some posts called what I learnt today; to share some of the most interesting things I have learnt so far but I don’t know if I can find the time really juggling ‘Mummy’, ‘Wifey,’ ‘Chef,’ ‘Cleaner’ and now ‘Student’ is proving very difficult. Quick dinners are something that have helped me to create a little more time in my evenings as I just don’t have time to throw those complex gourmet meals together the way I used to. Ok who am I kidding I have always always been lazy in the kitchen and the quicker something is to make the better.


In the lead up of the Dublin Bay taste and music festival I have been thinking a lot about food. My hubby recently had a birthday and I got him this great book Jamie Oliver 30-minute Meals. I figured it was a double present he could enjoy cooking from it but also enjoy my cooking from it; I tend to stick to the same four or five recipes and rotate them.


There is a great Jamie Oliver recipe that I use all the time; I have replicated it here as I remember it so it may be slightly different to the original. It is such an easy and tasty meal that I cook at least once a week. If you are a sea food fan this in one for you, if you are looking for some really tasty recipes checkout Jamie Oliver online, he is a bit of a genius when it comes to food. http://www.jamieoliver.com/  



Easy Fish Pie

Ingredients:

}  1 x Carrot
}  2 x Sticks of Celery
}  1 x Lemon
}  500g Fish pie mix
}  200g Cheddar Cheese
}  Handful of Spinach
}  Chilli Flakes
}  Olive Oil
}  Salt and Pepper

Method

1.       Preheat the oven to 200®C/ 400C®F and bring a large pan of salted water to the boil
2.       Cut the potatoes into 2cm chunks and cook for 12minutes in boiling water
3.       Put the fish into bite sized pieces, place in a baking dish and sprinkle the salt, pepper and lemon juice over the top.
4.       Grate the carrot, celery and cheese into a deep baking dish
5.       Zest the lemon and sprinkle on the chilli, parsley, salt and pepper
6.       Cut the fish mix into bite sized pieces and add to dish
7.       Add spinach and mix everything together really well
8.       Drizzle boiled potatoes with a good bit of olive oil and add a pinch of salt and pepper
9.       Mash potatoes and put on top of your pie
10.   Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes
11.   Serve with reggae-reggae sauce and a rocket and pine nut salad

Hope you enjoy this one, more recipes to come soon.

The Yummy Mummies and The Jetsetting Babies

No comments:

Post a Comment