Sunday, November 20, 2011

Outdoor Obsessed!

Hello everyone! So as you can tell from my last blog ('Get those Bubbas and Toddlers Outdoors… Rainbusters are a must') I have been thinking a lot lately about activities that you can do with your little ones out of doors. I guess because the weather is getting colder and weather I have been looking for ideas to keep Amelie out of doors in the winter months as it is not quite as easy as in the warmer months (notice I didn’t call it summer, Ireland does not get a summer as far as I am concerned lol.) So here are five of the most basic outdoor activities that I don’t want to say goodbye to just because winter is here. I plan to do each and every one of them over the winter, what-ever the weather….
Panting – Seeds, bulbs flowers
This is great it is always the time of year for something to go into the ground. Garlic and Onions are due in now and we picked up some lovely pansies recently to plant at my father in laws house.
Playground
Ok so the playground is not the safest place if it has been raining but I watched a grandpa whip out a towel wipe the entire playground down and which it in a plastic bag, if he can be prepared then so can I… and I will. I am going to get Amie to the playground as much as possible. Even though my local park is closing at 4pm now there are the odd few that are open later. Amelie loves watching the sun go to bed and the moon rise in the sky. It means paying very close attention to ensure her safety but hey it’s worth it.
Collecting
The beach is always calling and I am going to collect some drift wood and shells to turn into unique Christmas decorations. Amelie loves the beach and it is a cool activity to keep her busy and away from the water.
Eating
Picnics are not just for the summer, granted they are a lot easier but I am determined to change the water flask for a thermos and still get out there on a few picnics. A good picnic blanket that can be put down on wet ground is really all you need. Try find a spot under a huge tree incise is starts to drizzle and be close to a shelter incise it starts to bucket down.
Walks in the dark
If you can’t get out doing any activities as such a walk is just as good as anything. I am going to walk every day with my daughter. Getting rugged up and walking is great exercise for us both, an excellent opportunity to talk and chat about the world around us and just spend quality time together. Amelie is currently obsessed with the moon, I guess that is one advantage to it getting dark at 4pm, Amelie is learning all about the night time, the moon, the stars, owls, bats and so much more…
Coming soon… I will be sharing some outdoor play tips from our friends over at Clap Handies!

No comments:

Post a Comment