Saturday, May 28, 2011

Review # 17 Cafe Nero Clapham London

jThis week I was over in London for a day checking out my new house for the next year. While I was there I met up with a lovely Irish lady who suggested we met up for a coffee so she could tell me about all the goings on in Clapham. I was baby free for the day but was keen to find some new places that were baby friendly in the area. She has a beautiful 10 month old baby and recommended Cafe Nero. Now in my experience Cafe Nero is just a quick in and out grab a coffee kind a place, few tables ect but when I walked in to this Cafe Nero I was pleasantly surprised.

Cafe Nero
21 Battersea Rise
Battersea SW11 1 HG
Telephone +44 20 7350 2792

This Cafe Nero was like no other Cafe Nero I have been in before. From the out side it looked the same few tables, muffins soups and sandwiches for sale plus a few organic baby food in pouches for sale, but nothing super special, but as I went further in to the back it opened up to a bigger space with a little play area with lots of toys for babies and toddlers. There was about 7 high chairs all stacked up in the corner, and the baby changing was right beside that. No small stair case to go down while struggling with your wriggling baby under one arm as you try and clutch the nappy bag in the other. It was an easy access disabled toilet with lots of space to change your little one.
As I sat in there drinking my latte and watching her little girl played I missed my little man. I cant wait to take him in there so he can enjoy the toys while I drink my coffee watching him.

Clapham Junction is the nearest tube station and it take about 5 mins to walk there. There is a few great playgrounds next door in Clapham Common and there is a zoo in Battersea park all within walking distance.

Defiantly a place to check out if you are in the area

High Chairs- Y x 7
Baby Changing- Y
Childrens Menu- N (bring our own food unless you are happy to feed your baby some of your muffin/sandwich
Kids Activities- Y for 2 or under


Lots of love The Jetsetting Babies and The Yummy Mummies




No comments:

Post a Comment