Thursday, January 13, 2011

Eco Friendly Tip # 1 – Me & My Travel Mug


Eco Friendly Tip # 1 – Me & My Travel Mug

For Christmas I was very excited to open one of my presents and find a travel mug. I had wanted one for quite some time but had not gotten around to picking one up.  The main reason I wanted a travel mug was because all of those take away lattes had really started to eat at my conscience. I imagined the pile of paper cups, plastic lids and paper sugar packets getting higher and higher the landfill spilling over and toppling into pristine forests and crystal clear ocean (overactive imagination YES far from the reality NO. So every time I bought a cup of coffee to drink while doing the shopping or running errands it tasted a little bitter, even though there was nothing wrong with the coffee.
Now I simply pop into my favourite café (that sells fair-trade organic coffee of course) hand them my travel mug and I am on my way sipping a delicious guilt free latte. It stays hot for longer too so it means if you get distracted with a dirty nappy or a crying baby and the coffee gets forgotten you have a much better chance of still enjoying it warm instead of cold. I salute everyone out there who already has their eco-friendly travel mug and urge all of you who don’t to jump to the travel mug band wagon! If you are a Yummy Mummy who lives a hectic life this is a small, simple practical item that you will really enjoy and it’s great for the planet!
The Math –
If I got 1 take away coffee a week (and well let’s face it, it’s usually three) for a whole year I have saved by using my travel mug between 52 – 156 paper cups, and 52 – 156 plastic lids from ending up in landfill.


Check out www.kitchen cookware.ie and pick up your Travel Mug today!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I must use mine more. I just got a water bottle too. Just have to remember to have them washed & ready to go in the morning : )

    ReplyDelete