Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Creative Reuse - The Art Space

One day Ame and I were having a nosy over the neighbours fence and we spotted a skip, they were doing a big clear out. I noticed that just next to the skip was a giant wooden box.. the cogs started churning and I just had to pop over and see if they were getting rid of it. They were. I was delighted. I had no idea what I would use it for I just knew that I had to have it. After much huffing and puffing and twisting and dragging with Ame trailing me on her scooter I got the box to my apartment (with strange looks from some other neighbors non of whom offered to help might I add.) Ame was delighted with her new box and I hadn't even done anything to it at this point. I thought that I would share the finished product, an Art Space.


I see it changing over time as Ame's interests change a puppet theatre perhaps or a fort or a mini stage for dress ups. I can picture a huge vintage suitcase filled with Ame's dress ups sitting on top with some deep red curtains and a mini spot light... oh I cant wait. When she out grows it it will make a great raised garden bed filled with strawberry or chill plants.. oh the possibilities!

 

Love the Yummy Mummies and the Jetsetting Babies

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment