Thursday, February 24, 2011

Travel Tip #3

Today we have our third travel tip that might help you if you are travelling solo with a small baby. So far we have talked about having a great sling or baby carrier, how convenient a portable fabric high chair can be and today we will cover a great (big) baby bag. The bag that I chose to take with me to Australia worked out very well. The only downfall I found was that it was too large to really use again on a daily basis, though it has proved very handy for overnight or weekend trips as I can fit all of Amelie's stuff in it. Essentially a long haul flight to Australia and 30hrs in transit is just like a night away, if you look at it like that it is easy to stay calm and relaxed and even enjoy the journey. There are a lot of different baby bags on the market and different bags that might suit you. Make sure you are totally happy with the bag you chose to take away, if you have any doubts it probably isn't right for you.

Baby Moov Changing Bag

What is it:
The Baby Moov changing bag is a large Nappy Bag with buckles designed to be used with only one had. It has so many features, two different transparent bags, a removable changing mat, a cooler bag, a dummy cover, document holder and a fleece blanket.

 Why you need it:

The Baby Moov had everything I needed to go to Australia and was the perfect size small enough for carry on luggage but large enough to fit everything that I needed. The document holder was perfect for passports, visa's and health records. The two transparent bags were ideal, I used one to take some of Amelie's snacks in, the other I used for the liquids I needed for myself, a small moisteriser, sanitiser, and a little makeup. The cooler bag was perfect for bottles (though I was still breastfeeding) and the frozen baby food I took to last the trip.

The removable changing bag was perfect, I was able to reach up into the overhead locker, unclasp the changing mat that holds all you need for a short outing with your baby (nappies, wipes, Vaseline and a clean vest and baby grow) with one hand and pop down to the bathrooms to change Amelie. I also was able to take this with me on day trips in my hand bag during my holiday.



To be honest I did not take the blanket with me I didn't find it very soft or cozy for Amelie and opted to take the blankets out of her cot. Overall though I found this bag to be perfect for my holiday. I have loaned it to a friend of a friend now to take on another long haul flight so I look forward to hearing her feedback, which of course I will share with you.


Oh and lastly there is this great zip that runs around the base of the bag revelling a pocket that is just perfect for filling with enough nappies tp last any length trip no matter the delays that might crop up along the way.

Where you can get it:

I purchased my baby moov changing bag from Euro Baby on the second floor of Euro Cycles in Dublin, you can find them at the address below. They also stock quite a good selection of buggies, toys, childrens bikes and trikes and other baby accessories.

Eurocycles
57 South William Street,
Dublin 2, Co. Dublin

 
or pick it up online at
http://www.babymoov.eu

No comments:

Post a Comment